Join TEAM H.E.A.R.T.
And make a sustainable difference in the lives of the homeless women of Taos H.E.A.R.T.of Taos invites you to join TEAM H.E.A.R.T., a very special group of dedicated donors — individuals, families, businesses and organizations — that makes sustainable life-changing monthly contributions to lift the homeless women of Taos out of dangerous living situations and to SUSTAIN AND EMPOWER THEM on their journey to recovery.
HEART of Taos partners with women experiencing homelessness
- Women with children represent the fastest growing segment of our community’s homeless population.
- Becoming homeless is one of the most traumatic experiences of an increasing number of Taos women’s lives.
Women, their children, and their pets receive private safe shelter, basic needs assistance, counseling, and a wide array of one-on-one support services.
- Nurtured by caring, respectful and compassionate HEART of Taos staff, they begin to feel safe.
- And they begin to feel hope.
- And they laugh and smile.
- And they remember their gifts, talents and self-worth.
It’s a journey with ups and downs, good days and bad days… and HEART of Taos accompanies each woman every step of the way.
Imagine a brilliant woman who doesn’t “fit” into the ordinary world. I empathize greatly with the unique and bright minds of individuals who are misfits in our community and who are extremely vulnerable to experiencing homelessness. How many stories have we heard...read more
Where I was living before, it was bad. There was a lot of drugs and alcohol. I didn’t have anywhere else to go, and I have a little boy. I don’t want him in that kind of place. I started living in my car, parking in different places all over town. I was scared. I...read more