And make a difference in the lives of the women of Taos experiencing homelessness. H.E.A.R.T.of Taos invites you to join TEAM H.E.A.R.T., a very special group of dedicated donors — individuals, families, businesses and organizations — that make monthly contributions to help sustain the organization to continue its critical work in lifting up the women of Taos who are experiencing homelessness. Your ongoing support will allow us to help these women and their families eliminate the barriers to break out of the cycle of poverty.
Join TeamHEART for as little as $5 a month or make a one-time donation!
To Community Businesses & Partners Who Support HEART of Taos
- Angel Fire Rotary Club
- Coldwell Banker Lota Realty
- Community Against Violence
- Daniels Fund
- Digerati Designs
- DreamTree Project
- El Pueblito / Shared Table
- Friday Motors
- First Presbyterian Church of Taos
- Five Star Burgers
- The Frost Foundation
- Michael Hearne
- Jim Cox Photography
- KNCE True Taos Radio
- Las Cumbres Community Services
- The Living Center
- Moore Charitable Foundation
- Old Martina’s Hall
- Peoples Bank
- Pieces and More Pieces
- PPC Solar
- Richard B. Siegel Foundation
- The Rifters
- Rio Grande Alcohol Treatment Program
- St. James Episcopal Church
- Southern Exposure / Carl Brown
- Steppin’ Out
- Stray Hearts Animal Shelter
- Taos Community Foundation
- Taos Homes Real Estate / Diane Enright
- Taos Milagro Rotary Club
- Taos Motel
- The Taos News
- Taos Ski Valley Foundation
- Town of Taos
- Tri-County Community Services
- Unitarian Congregation of Taos
- United Church of Angel Fire
- Unity of Taos
- Walking Rain Productions
- Wanda Lucero Insurance
- Youth Heartline
AND all our community donors and TeamHEART members!
We HEART Volunteers
Would you like to become part of the solution for Taos women, children and their pets facing homelessness? Consider volunteering at HEART.
We need GREETERS!
HEART of Taos is seeking kind, gentle, accepting, and friendly female volunteers for our new Welcome Orientation/ Greeter Program starting in March.
Volunteer Greeters will answer the doorbell, welcome guests, help them fill out paperwork, conduct a short “Welcome to HEART” orientation, offer coffee/tea/protein bars and may assist women in selecting clothes from our free boutique and/or help them at our computer station and generally make our guests seeking assistance feel supported, cared for and no longer alone.
Full training will be provided.
Other volunteer opportunities:
- Interview for a HEART of Taos Board of Directors and Advisory Board position – contribute your professional experience, leadership expertise and be involved in our various fundraising efforts
- Join our phone tree for periodic assistance: direct mail campaigns, handyperson gigs and help with heavier lifting, picking up furniture donations or helping clients move
- Provide childcare during our Empowerment Circles/Support Groups (early evenings) or short-term child care gigs for women transitioning out of homelessness.
For more information and to receive our volunteer packet, please call Lisa Brown: 575-776-4245.